Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Viṣṇupurāṇa.
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7210055
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Short section of this major Purāṇic work dedicated to the god Viṣṇu. Presented as a dialogue of the sage Parāśara with the god Indra.
- Title from colophon (f. 3v).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; blue European paper.
Extent1 11 x 20 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmadviṣṇupurāṇe prathame 'ṃśe navamo 'dhyāyaḥ śrīrastu // (f. 3v).
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century