Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2277 Vyatīpātavrata / व्यतीपातव्रत
TitleVyatīpātavrata / व्यतीपातव्रत
Other related names
- Puruṣottamadīkṣita, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2277
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957882923503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Observance (vrata) of rites, prayers, and worship (pūjā) celebrating the new moon (vyatīpāta). Rites mentioned include washing of the feet, bathing, maṇḍala representing the water of the Ganges river, lighting of fragrances such as sandalwood, among other rituals. Presented as a discussion between the legendary king Yudhiṣṭhira and the sage Mārkaṇḍeya.
- Title from colophon (f. 15r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 15 leaves foliated 1-15, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated phālgune māsi kṛṣṇapakṣe maṃdavāsare saṃvat 1817 patra 15 (1761 AD).
- Mistakes blacked out. Written by same scribe as Item 2275, Item 2276, Item 2281, Item 2282, Item 2285, Item 2286, Item 2287, Item 2288, Item 2289, Item 2290, Item 2291, Item 2292, and Item 2293.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (15 leaves) : 13 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaviṣyottarapurāṇe vyatīpātavrataṃ saṃpūrṇaṃ // idaṃ pustakapuruṣottamadīkṣitasya phālgune māsi kṛṣṇapakṣe maṃdavāsare // saṃvat 1817 patra 15 (f. 15r).
- Formerly owned by Puruṣottamadīkṣita.
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu mantras
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Yudhiṣṭhira (Hindu mythology)
- Mārkaṇḍeya (Hindu mythology)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2277: Vyatīpātavrata are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.