Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Bhāgavatamahāpurāṇa.
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5198439
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Contains a full version of the Bhāgavatapurāṇa, second skandha, which claims to be the answer to all questions, contains a description of avatāras of the Hindu god Kṛṣṇa, the process of creation, and portrays Kṛṣṇa (Vāsudeva) as the cause of the universe; it is a companion to Śrīdharasvamin's commentary, the Bhāgavatabhāvārthadīpikā, contained in Item 2306.
- Title from colophon (f. 16v).
- Written in 10-12 lines per leaf.
- 16 leaves foliated 1-16, upper left and lower right verso on most folios.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections in margins; verse numbers and section colophons highlighted in red.
- Written in the same scribal hand as Ms. Coll. 390, Item 2306.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 11 x 32 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhāgavate mahāpurāṇe aṣṭā daśasāhasyāṃ saṃhitāyāṃ dvitīyaskaṃdhe daśamodhyāyaḥ // samāpto 'yaṃ dvitīyaskaṃdhaḥ (f. 16v).
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century