Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Haribhaktavilāsa
- Gopālabhaṭṭa Gosvāmī, 1500-1587
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6759001
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a devotional work with ritual components, dedicated to the Hindu deity Viṣṇu. May be a section of the Devipurāṇa, according to the incipit of the commentary. Manuscript commentary runs parallel above and below the root text.
- Title from marginal note (f. 31r); alternate title Pratiṣṭhādhikārī from incipit.
- Written in 14-23 lines per leaf.
- 31 leaves foliated with consonants in the Sanskrit alphabet starting with ka and ending with ṣa and coinciding with 31, which is also written on the final folio, upper right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant numbers and words highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 19 x 36 cm
ColophonColophon: iti navadaśa[sargaḥ] (f. 31v).
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mythology
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century