Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2438 Haribhaktavilāsa / हरिभक्तविलास
TitleHaribhaktavilāsa / हरिभक्तविलास
- Gopālabhaṭṭa Gosvāmī, 1500-1587
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2438
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967590013503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Dedicated to the Hindu deity Viṣṇu, the manuscript is a devotional work with ritual components, especially focused on the installation of the image in a temple. It is an incomplete copy, covering most of chapter 19 (19.84-19.1048). The incipit of the commentary cites the Devipurāṇa. Manuscript commentary runs parallel above and below the root text. (Måns Broo, Åbo Akademi University, Finland)
- Title from marginal note (f. 31r); alternate title Pratiṣṭhādhikārī from incipit.
- Written in 14-23 lines per leaf.
- 31 leaves foliated with consonants in the Sanskrit alphabet starting with ka and ending with ṣa and coinciding with 31, which is also written on the final folio, upper right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant numbers and words highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (31 leaves) : 19 x 36 cm
ColophonColophon: iti navadaśa[sargaḥ] (f. 31v).
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mythology
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2438: Haribhaktavilāsa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.