Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2458 Ādityahṛdayastotra / आदित्यहृदयस्तोत्र
TitleĀdityahṛdayastotra / आदित्यहृदयस्तोत्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2458
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957792853503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Collection of hymns, mantras, and praises to the Sun god (Āditya also called Sūrya) used for private or public recitation, meditation, and prayer. presented as a conversation between the legendary prince Arjuna and the Hindu deity Kṛṣṇa. Opening mantra of praise is dedicated to the Vedic god Mirtra rather than to the elephant-headed, Hindu deity Gaṇeśa.
- Title from title colophon (f. 18r).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 18 leaves foliated 1-17, , upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (18 leaves) : 11 x 16 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaviṣyottarapurāṇe śrīkṛṣṇārjunasaṃvāde ādityahṛdayastotraṃ saṃpūrṇaṃ // (f. 18r).
- Sun worship
- Sūrya (Hindu deity)
- Mitra (Hindu deity)
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Hinduism--Prayers and devotions
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Arjuna (Hindu mythology)
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2458: Ādityahṛdayastotra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.