Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2461 Dakṣiṇāmūrtipañjara / दक्षिणामूर्तिपञ्जर
TitleDakṣiṇāmūrtipañjara / दक्षिणामूर्तिपञ्जर
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2461
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958225353503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Small manuscript for personal use, recitation, prayer, and observances (vrata), dedicated to the veneration and worship (pūjā) of Dakṣiṇāmūrti, a form of the Hindu deity Śiva. Benefits such as the removal of debt and ignorance as well as the propagation of one's family are named. Presented as a dialogue between Skanda (named Guha) and the legendary sage Nārada. Text ends after colophon with a short praise of Śiva Dakṣiṇāmūrti in three verses.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 17-18 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, lower right verso.
- Mistakes crossed or blacked out; one addition in margin. Title written in second hand at end of manuscript (f. 2v).
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 10 x 15 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīskaṃde mahāpurāṇe guhanāradasaṃvāde dakṣiṇāmūrti paṃjaraṃ aṣṭāṣītimodhyāyaḥ // (f. 2v).
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Debt--India--Religious aspects
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2461: Dakṣiṇāmūrtipañjara are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.