Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2509 Acyutāṣṭaka / अच्युताष्टक
TitleAcyutāṣṭaka / अच्युताष्टक
Other related names
- Gāḍagīla, Janārdana Koṇḍadeva, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2509
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9973908053503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn Sanskrit and Marathi
Work intended to be performed and sung; dedicated to praising the deity Viṣṇu through multiple names, including Acyuta, Narāyaṇa, and Kṛṣṇa.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 7-8 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 8 x 15 cm
ColophonColophon: iti acyutāṣṭakaṃsaṃpūrṇaṃ // jarnādanakoḍadevagāḍ - yāce pustaka ase // (f. 2v).
- Formerly owned by Janārdan Koṇḍadeva Gāḍagīla (f. 2v); last name abbreviated as [Gāḍa] (f. 2v), but known from other manuscripts (example: Ms. Coll. 390, Item 845); ownership written in Marathi in a second scribal hand.
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Nārāyaṇa (Hindu deity)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu hymns
- Prayers (documents)
- Hymns (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2509: Acyutāṣṭaka are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.