Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2576 Pāpamocany ekādaśīmāhātmya / पापमोचन्येकादशीमाहात्म्य
TitlePāpamocany ekādaśīmāhātmya / पापमोचन्येकादशीमाहात्म्य
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2576
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957792943503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Observance dedicated to the Hindu deity Viṣṇu during the month of Caitra (March-April) performed for the removal of sins (pāpamocana). Presented as a conversation between the Hindu deity Kṛṣṇa and the legendary king Yudhiṣṭhira and between legendary king Māndhata and the legendary sage (ṛṣi) Lomaśa. Lomaśa relates the legend about the powerful sage Medhāvī and the curse he bestows on the celestial dancing girl Mañjughoṣā followed by the remedy for the curse. Middle section is missing from the manuscript.
- Title from colophon (f. 4r).
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1, 4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 29 x 9 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaviṣyottarapurāṇe caitrakṛṣṇapakṣe pāpamocanyekādaśīmāhātmyaṃ saṃāptam // śrīkṛṣṇāyanamaḥ // (f. 4v).
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Yudhiṣṭhira (Hindu mythology)
- Hindu mythology
- Blessing and cursing--India
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2576: Pāpamocany ekādaśīmāhātmya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.