Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2638 Gītā mahātama
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2638
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9968148993503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Synopsis of the Bhagavadgītā, giving a highlight and celebrating the greatness (māhātmya) of each of the work's 18 chapters, along with lauding the benefits of reading the text. Derived from a larger work, the full Bhagvadagītā giānu, which typically contains the Sanskrit original and Hindi prose paraphrase of the Sanskrit.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 104 leaves foliated 1-70 [71-104], upper left recto.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some minor corrections and additions in margins; significant phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red and single black line.
- Manuscript is bound with string along left edge of manuscript in codex format though written on locally made paper.
Extent1 item (104 leaves) : 12 x 17 cm
- Hindu mythology
- Panjabi literature
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2638: Gītā mahātama are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.