Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Pretamañjarī
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5905503
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is used for private or public ceremonies as a kind of manual for priests or senior householders to guide them in the rules and regulations governing funeral rites as well as some discussion about the spirits of the dead.
- Title from colophon (f. 17r).
- Written in 12-15 lines per leaf.
- 17 leaves foliated 1-17, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 14 x 27 cm
ColophonColophon: iti pretamañjarīsamāptam abham 1 rāmaḥ śivaḥ gaṇeśaḥ // (f. 17r).
- Hindu law
- Funeral rites and ceremonies--India
- Spirits--Religious aspects
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century