Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 3040 Muktāvalīprakāśa / मुक्तावलीप्रकाश
TitleMuktāvalīprakāśa / मुक्तावलीप्रकाश
- Mahādeva Bhaṭṭa
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 3040
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957978013503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Text consists of a gloss on the Siddhāntamuktavalī by Nyāyapañcānana Bhaṭṭācārya; it is a commentary on the Bhāṣāpariccheda (f. 1r, line 2), a work of Nyāya philosophy also written by Viśvanātha, who is named Viśvanātha Pañcānana in the manuscript (f. 1r, line 3). Text lacks an ending; an unknown commentary has been added in small text by a second scribe, running vertically above and below the main text.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 10-16 lines per leaf.
- 17 leaves foliated , 2-17, upper left verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; extensive corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Non-Latin script record.
- The duplicate item number 2416 listed in Poleman has been changed to item number 3040.
Extent1 item (17 leaves) : 12 x 32 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 3040: Muktāvalīprakāśa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.