Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Gopālasahasranāma
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5411210
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Hymn of praise of the Hindu deity Viṣṇu in the form of the Gopāla (cow herder), another name for Kṛṣṇa; presented as a discourse between the deities Śiva and Pārvatī.
- Title from colophon (f. 7v).
- Written in 9-12 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 12 x 27 cm
ColophonColophon: śrīgopālasahasranāmasamāptaṃ // (f. 7v).
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Parvati (Hindu deity)
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century