Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 413 Lakṣmīsūkta / लक्ष्मीसूक्त
TitleLakṣmīsūkta / लक्ष्मीसूक्त
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 413
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957944083503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
First part of the text resides only on the opening folio (f. 1r) and was added by a second hand apart from that writing the second and primary text of the manuscript. It is a short meditative text (dhyāna) on the manifestation of the Hindu goddess named Maṇikarṇikā, possibly related to the temple in Varāṇasī by that name. The second, the primary text of the manuscript, is a devotional hymn used in private or public meditation or prayer in honor of and for the worship (pūjā) of the Hindu goddess Lakṣmī.
- Title from colophon (f. 4v); alternate title Maṇkarṇkādhyāna from incipit (f. 1r)
- Written in 7 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Formerly housed with Item 414, Item 415, Item 416, and Item 417.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 13 x 24 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmahālakṣmīsūktasaṃpūrṇam // (f. 4v).
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Lakshmi (Hindu deity)
- Hindu goddesses
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 413: Lakṣmīsūkta are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.