Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Dīpadāna
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5794405
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Text describing rules and rites to be followed for offering of light (dīpadāna) during religious ceremonies. Includes a collection of various mantras to be used in recitation, as well as the prescription of homa rites (fire sacrifice), and is particularly concerned with the veneration of the legendary warrior, the one-thousand-armed Kartavīryārjuna.
- Title from colophon (f. 11r).
- Written in 10 lines per leaf.
- 12 leaves foliated [i], 1-11, upper right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Formerly housed with Item 413, Item 414, Item 416, and Item 417.
- Gathered bifolia with vertical center fold.
Extent1 14 x 18 cm
ColophonColophon: iti dīpadānam saṃpūrṇam śubham (f. 11r).
- Hindu law
- Religion and law--India
- Light--Religious aspects
- Homa (Rite)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu mantras
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
Inside front cover
1916_0001.tif (39.8 MB)
1916_0001_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
1916_0001_web.jpg (357.4 KB)