Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 415 Dīpadāna / दीपदान
TitleDīpadāna / दीपदान
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 415
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957944053503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Text describing rules and rites to be followed for offering of light (dīpadāna) during religious ceremonies. Includes a collection of various mantras to be used in recitation, as well as the prescription of homa rites (fire sacrifice), and is particularly concerned with the veneration of the legendary warrior, the one-thousand-armed Kartavīryārjuna.
- Title from colophon (f. 11r).
- Written in 10 lines per leaf.
- 12 leaves foliated [i], 1-11, upper right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Formerly housed with Item 413, Item 414, Item 416, and Item 417.
- Gathered bifolia with vertical center fold.
Extent1 item (12 leaves) : 14 x 18 cm
ColophonColophon: iti dīpadānam saṃpūrṇam śubham (f. 11r).
- Hindu law
- Religion and law--India
- Light--Religious aspects
- Homa (Rite)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu mantras
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 415: Dīpadāna are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
1916_0001.tif (39.8 MB)
1916_0001_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
1916_0001_web.jpg (357.4 KB)