Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 433 Vande devam viṣṇum śeṣasthiti hetuṃ / वन्दे देवं विष्णुं शेषस्थिति हेतुं
TitleVande devam viṣṇum śeṣasthiti hetuṃ / वन्दे देवं विष्णुं शेषस्थिति हेतुं
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 433
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9954528163503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Devotional text to the Hindu deity Viṣṇu and especially his manifestation as Rāma.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v); alternate title Nārāyaṇakavaca supplied by Poleman, but there appears to be no evidence of a connection to the figure of Nārāyaṇa, though text may have functioned as a kind of amulet or protective prayer (kavaca) as there is some reference to various weapons and their knowledge, and battle.
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 12 x 19 cm
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Amulets (Hinduism)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 433: Vande devam viṣṇum śeṣasthiti hetuṃ are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.