Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Tīrthottaraprabandha
- Vādirāja, active 16th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5947264
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a section of a larger work dealing with Hindu pilgrimage through a philosophical lens and divided into four sections each representing one of the four directions: North, South, East, and West. Manuscript deals with North India and covers the cities of Pandarapur, Prayāga (Allahabad), Kāśī (Vārāṇasī), Gayā, Mathurā and Ayodhyā.
- Title from first folio margin (f. 1r); alternate title Uttaraprabandha from colophon (f. 8v).
- Written in 10-13 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; verse numbers highlighted in red wash throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 11 x 16 cm
ColophonColophon: ity uttaraprabaṃdhaḥ samāptaḥ // 6 // (f. 8v).
- Sacred space--India
- Hinduism--Prayers and devotions
- Pilgrims and pilgrimages--India
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century