Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Bhaktāmaraprabhava
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5950457
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript used for private or public recitation and prayer. Text gives a treatment of poetics, referencing kāvyaguṇas, while presented as a praise (stotra), possibly to a tirthaṅkara (ford-maker, a revered figure in the Jaina cosmology).
- Title from colophon (f. 3r); alternate title Bhaktāmarastotra from final title page (f. 3v).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 10 x 17 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaktāṃ maraprabhavalikhitaṃ // śrī // (f. 3r).
- Jaina hymns, Prakrit
- Jainism--Prayers and devotions
- Manuscripts, Prakrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Prakrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century