Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Kālikāsahasranāmastotra
Other related names
- Veṇīmādhava Puṇatāmakara, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5947274
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is used for private or public recitation and prayer and is in praise and worship of the fierce Tantric goddess Kāli. Contains a narrative by the deity Śiva about the goddess. Front folio has a rough diagram of a yantra (mystical diagram) consisting of an eight-petaled lotus flower with two intersecting triangles in its center (f. 1r), possibly related to the goddess Kāli, with a second diagram of an eight-pointed star within a circle on the verso (f. 1v).
- Title from colophon (f. 15r).
- Written in 10-12 lines per leaf.
- 14 leaves foliated 1-7, 9-15, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins drawn with double lines in black or red ink and some having cross hatching within.
Extent1 9 x 18 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīrudrayāmale kālikāsahasranāmar stautraṃ samāptaṃ // (f. 15r).
- Formerly owned by Veṇīmādhava Puṇatāmakara (f. 15v).
- Kālī (Hindu deity)
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hinduism--Prayers and devotions
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
1936_0000.tif (24.3 MB)
1936_0000_thumb.jpg (5.3 KB)
1936_0000_web.jpg (364.5 KB)
Decoration: rough design f. 1r
1936_0001.tif (54.2 MB)
1936_0001_thumb.jpg (8.3 KB)
1936_0001_web.jpg (549.4 KB)
Decoration: diagram f. 1v
fol. 8v [=7v]-7r [=8r
1936_0007.tif (54.2 MB)
1936_0007_thumb.jpg (8.7 KB)
1936_0007_web.jpg (581.9 KB)