Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Gaṇeśātharvaśīrṣaṃ
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5131833
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Single text attributed to the Upaniṣads, a medieval text in praise of the Hindu deity Gaṇeśa.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v); alternate title Gaṇeśātharvaśīrṣopaniṣad supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 14-15 lines per leaf.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out, some corrections in margins, text highlighted in red throughout, vertical margins marked with double red line, accents in red throughout.
- Item 3035 was formerly housed as part 1 of Item 79.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 10 x 16 cm
ColophonColophon: ityupaniṣat // iti gaṇeś[ātha]rvaśīrṣaṃ samaptaṃ // śrīgajānanārpaṇamastu // subhaṃbhavatu // (f. 2v).
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century