Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 977 Ṣaḍācāryabrāhmaṇa / षडाचार्यब्राह्मण
TitleṢaḍācāryabrāhmaṇa / षडाचार्यब्राह्मण
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 977
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962763433503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation and is an early Hindu philosophical treatise on the nature of the ultimate principle of the brahman. The treatise is given as the teachings of six teachers (ṣaḍācārya) presented to the mythological king Janaka of Videha.
- Title from colophon (f. 7r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; metrical accents added in red throughout.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 14 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: ṣaḍācāryabrāhmaṇasamāptaṃ (f. 7r).
- Hindu mythology
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 977: Ṣaḍācāryabrāhmaṇa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.