Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 980 Kaṭhavupaniṣad / कठवुपनिषद्
TitleKaṭhavupaniṣad / कठवुपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 980
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962763593503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study and recitation, and is a Hindu or Late Vedic philosophical treatise presented as a dialogue between a father Vājraśrava, and his son Niciketas; the work addresses early concepts of the Self (ātman), as well as addressing and offering interpretation of early social and ritual action.
- Title from colophon (f. 12v).
- Written in 7-9 lines per leaf.
- 12 leaves foliated 1-12, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; verse dividers added in red; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (12 leaves) : 14 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti kaṭhavupaniṣatsaṃpūrṇaṃ // (f. 12v).
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 980: Kaṭhavupaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.