Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 993 Ātmaṣaṭka / आत्मषट्क
TitleĀtmaṣaṭka / आत्मषट्क
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 993
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962905743503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation, and is a late Vedic philosophical treatise appended to the Ṛgveda; as a Upaniṣad, it contains speculations about the nature of being, the self, birth, and breath; also early myths.
- Title from title page (f. 1r); alternate title Ātmaṣaṭkopaniṣad supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 5 leaves foliated 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and significant additions/commentary in margins in a second scribal hand; significant phrase highlighted in red; vertical margins marked with double red lines and title page bordered with double red lines; European blue paper.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (5 leaves) : 12 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: eitarīopaniṣatsamāptā // oṃ tat sat (f. 5v).
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 993: Ātmaṣaṭka are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.