Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 591 Folder 23 Book of hours bifolium
TitleBook of hours bifolium
- Catholic Church
Other related names
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 591 Folder 23
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9943712073503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Vellum non-consecutive bifolium from a book of hours. Includes portions from the Gospel lesson from Matthew and the matins of the Office of the Virgin. Written in 15 long lines in a Gothic hand with red, blue and gold initials. Written in France in the 15th century.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 175 x 240 mm
- Formerly owned by Lawrence J. Schoenberg, LJS 114.
- Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2008.
- Catholic Church--Prayers and devotions--Early works to 1800
- Books of hours
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- Book of Hours
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Ms. Coll. 591 Folder 23: Book of hours bifolium are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.