Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 591 Folder 26 Ferial psalter bifolium
TitleFerial psalter bifolium
Other related names
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 591 Folder 26
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9943721543503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Vellum non-consecutive bifolium. Written in 2 columns, with 28 lines. Initials alternate between red and blue ink and mark the beginning of each verse. Surrounded by a foliate spray border inhabited by dragons, in red, blue, and gold ink. The pages contain a hymn for lauds and Psalm 26.1-6, Psalm 20.5-14, Psalm 30.17-25, Psalm 31, and Psalm 32.1-9. Written in France, in the 15th century.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 125 x 190 mm
- Formerly owned by Lawrence J. Schoenberg, LJS 120.
- Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2008.
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Ms. Coll. 591 Folder 26: Ferial psalter bifolium are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.