Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 591 Folder 37 Breviary fragments :
TitleBreviary fragments :
- Catholic Church
Call numberMs. Coll. 591 Folder 37
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958423473503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Fragments from a breviary, use of Sarum, from the sanctoral cycle, mostly comprising partial texts for the feast of Saint Mary Magdalene (July 22), but also containing brief passages from readings associated with Saint Wandragesilus (known in French as Wandrille), Saint Praxedes (July 21), and possibly Saint Margaret (July 20). The fragments are probably from 2 adjacent leaves, and were used as pastedowns for an unknown volume. Written in England in the 15th century, in 2 columns (66 mm. each) of Gothic script, with simple initials in either blue or red and rubrication in red.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 125 x 156 mm., 115 x 164 mm
- Purchased from a French dealer, mid-20th century?
- Catholic Church--Liturgy--Texts
- Breviaries--Texts--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 591 Folder 37: Breviary fragments : are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.