Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 108 Ferdinand I privileges
TitleFerdinand I privileges
- Ferdinand I, King of Naples, 1423-1494
- Pontano, Giovanni Gioviano, 1426-1503
Other related names
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 742 Folder 108
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9946382103503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Official transcript dated May 27, 1461, of the document dated Apr. 15, 1461, in which privileges and chapters were granted to the city of Amalfi by Ferdinand I, king of Naples. This transcript was made for the duke of Amalfi, Antonio di Nanni Todeschini Piccolomini d'Aragona, a nephew of Pope Pius II, with an appendix that refers to Antonio's ducal rights in Amalfi. The document bears the autograph signature of King Ferdinand, as well as that of his secretary, the Neapolitan humanist Giovanni Pontano.
- This oversize item is stored in a map drawer.
Extent1 item (1 leaf)
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford, and Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 6067).
- Privileges and immunities--Italy--Amalfi
- Legal documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 108: Ferdinand I privileges are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.