Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 109 Bishop of Osma legal instrument
TitleBishop of Osma legal instrument
- Catholic Church
- Henry IV, King of Castile and Leon, 1425-1474
- Sánchez de Arévalo, Rodrigo, 1404-1470
Other related names
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 742 Folder 109
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9946382393503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Legal instrument dated Jan. 22, 1464, issued by Rodrigo Sánchez de Arévalo, bishop of Osma and Castilian ambassador to the papal curia (1456-1470). Contains an authenticated copy of a privilege granted to Giacomo di Nanni Todeschini Piccolomini di Castiglia e d'Aragona, nephew of Pope Pius II, by King Henry IV of Castile at Aranda (near Osma), dated Feb. 9, 1463. The privilege appoints Giacomo as Henry IV's councilor, and entitles him to join the name Castiglia to his name, as well as add the Castilian arms to his own. The document records the delivery of the royal privilege to Giacomo.
- This oversize item is stored in a map drawer.
Extent1 item (1 leaf)
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford, and Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 6067).
- Legal documents
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 109: Bishop of Osma legal instrument are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.