Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 111 Curia Romana proclamation
TitleCuria Romana proclamation
- Catholic Church
Other related names
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 742 Folder 111
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9946383253503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
A proclamation from the papal law court dated Aug. 11, 1473, of excommunication of an insolvent debtor, Antonio de Paltonibus, who still owed 554 gold ducats of a 1342 ducat loan to Ambrosio Spannocchi (spelled Spannochi in the manuscript) and his associates, partners in a large banking firm in Siena.
- This oversize item is stored in a map drawer.
Extent1 item (1 leaf)
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford, and Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 6067).
- Banks and banking--Italy--Siena--History
- Excommunication--Catholic Church
- Legal documents
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 111: Curia Romana proclamation are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.