Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 114 Pope Pius III judgment
TitlePope Pius III judgment
- Pius III, Pope, ca. 1440-1503
- Alexander VI, Pope, 1431-1503
Other related names
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 742 Folder 114
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9946394533503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Judgment pronounced by Francesco di Nanni Todeschini Piccolomini, then a cardinal, later Pope Pius III, in the name of the Catholic Church and Pope Alexander VI summoning the help of all authorities - both ecclesiastic and secular - in the republics of Florence and Siena. A portion of the document is dedicated to listing these authorities, beginning with Piero (here written Pietro) Soderini, gonfaloniere of Florence. The document also condemns 5 Florentine citizens for disobeying letters of excommunication, and deprives them of their lands. One of the people mentioned in the document is a goldsmith named Michelangelus. Document continues on verso.
- This oversize item is stored in a map drawer.
Extent1 item (1 leaf)
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford, and Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 6067).
- Excommunication--Catholic Church
- Real property--Italy
- Legal documents
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 114: Pope Pius III judgment are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
mscoll742_f114_verso_pt2.tif (116.3 MB)
mscoll742_f114_verso_pt2_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
mscoll742_f114_verso_pt2_web.jpg (430.0 KB)
mscoll742_f114_recto_pt1.tif (116.3 MB)
mscoll742_f114_recto_pt1_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
mscoll742_f114_recto_pt1_web.jpg (537.4 KB)
mscoll742_f114_verso_pt1.tif (116.3 MB)
mscoll742_f114_verso_pt1_thumb.jpg (5.4 KB)
mscoll742_f114_verso_pt1_web.jpg (517.3 KB)