Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 115 Pope Pius III judgment review
TitlePope Pius III judgment review
- Pius III, Pope, ca. 1440-1503
- Alexander VI, Pope, 1431-1503
Other related names
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 742 Folder 115
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9946394603503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Review and restatement of a judgment dated Nov. 13, 1499 (Ms. Coll. 742, Folder 114), written Apr. 8, 1500. The judgment itself is pronounced by Francesco di Nanni Todeschini Piccolomini, then cardinal of Siena, later Pope Pius III, in the name of the Catholic Church and Pope Alexander VI summoning the help of all authorities - ecclesiastic and secular - in the republics of Florence and Siena. The judgment also condemns 5 Florentine citizens for disobeying letters of excommunication and deprives them of their lands. On the verso of this restatement, the apostolic notary gives a detailed account of the confiscated property demanding that in each case the persons occupying them move within 30 days on pain of ecclesiastical censures and, if necessary, be evicted by force.
- This oversize item is stored in a map drawer.
Extent1 item (1 leaf)
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford, and Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 6067).
- Excommunication--Catholic Church
- Real property--Italy
- Legal documents
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 115: Pope Pius III judgment review are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
mscoll742_f115_verso_pt2.tif (116.3 MB)
mscoll742_f115_verso_pt2_thumb.jpg (4.4 KB)
mscoll742_f115_verso_pt2_web.jpg (365.3 KB)
mscoll742_f115_recto_pt1.tif (116.3 MB)
mscoll742_f115_recto_pt1_thumb.jpg (5.5 KB)
mscoll742_f115_recto_pt1_web.jpg (581.7 KB)
mscoll742_f115_verso_pt1.tif (116.3 MB)
mscoll742_f115_verso_pt1_thumb.jpg (4.4 KB)
mscoll742_f115_verso_pt1_web.jpg (388.5 KB)