Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 116 Pope Pius III bull
TitlePope Pius III bull
- Pius III, Pope, ca. 1440-1503
Other related names
- Riario, Raffaello, 1451-1521, recipient
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 742 Folder 116
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9946394623503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
The last bull of Pope Pius III dated Oct. 17, 1503, addressed to Cardinal Raffaello Riario conferring upon him the administration of the Benedictine monastery of San Marziano at Tortona. However, the lead bull was never appended to the document as Pope Pius III died a few hours after it was written. His successor, Pope Julius II, conferred the administration of the monastery upon Cardinal Giovanni Piccolomini in the December of the same year (see Ms. Coll. 742, Folder 66).
- This oversize item is stored in a map drawer.
Extent1 item (1 leaf)
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford, and Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 6067).
- San Marziano (Monastery : Tortona, Italy)
- Benedictine monasteries--Italy
- Bulls (papal records)
- Legal documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 116: Pope Pius III bull are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
mscoll742_f116_recto_pt2.tif (119.0 MB)
mscoll742_f116_recto_pt2_thumb.jpg (3.7 KB)
mscoll742_f116_recto_pt2_web.jpg (269.5 KB)
mscoll742_f116_verso_pt1.tif (119.0 MB)
mscoll742_f116_verso_pt1_thumb.jpg (3.4 KB)
mscoll742_f116_verso_pt1_web.jpg (241.7 KB)
mscoll742_f116_recto_pt1.tif (119.0 MB)
mscoll742_f116_recto_pt1_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
mscoll742_f116_recto_pt1_web.jpg (276.9 KB)