Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 117 Girolamo Piccolomini notarial document
TitleGirolamo Piccolomini notarial document
- Piccolomini, Girolamo
- Julius III, Pope, 1487-1555
Other related names
- Petrucci, Raffaele, recipient
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 742 Folder 117
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9946397023503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Document including a copy of a bull of Pope Julius III originally dated Dec. 18, 1503, in favor of Giovanni Todeschini Piccolomini, archbishop of Siena (1503-1529). Addressed to Raffaele Petrucci, then bishop of Grosseto (elevated to cardinal in 1517), and dated June 6, 1509.
Extent1 item (1 leaf)
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford, and Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 6067).
- Bulls (papal records)
- Legal documents
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 117: Girolamo Piccolomini notarial document are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.