Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 123 Pope Clement VII bull
TitlePope Clement VII bull
- Clement VII, Pope, 1478-1534
Other related names
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 742 Folder 123
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9946403743503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Bull dated Apr. 9, 1529, informing the bishops of Caserta, Feltre, and Cesena that Cardinal Giovanni d'Andrea di Nanni Todeschini Piccolomini had resigned from the archbishop of Siena in favor of his nephew, Francesco Bandini. Piccolomini kept his title and revenues until Francesco turned 27, and also kept the right of reversion in case the see of Siena should become vacant, but Bandini remained archbishop until his death in 1588.
- This oversize item is stored in a map drawer.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) :
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford, and Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 6067).
- Catholic Church.--Archdiocese of Siena (Italy)
- Bishops--Appointment, call, and election--Early works to 1800
- Bulls (papal records)
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 123: Pope Clement VII bull are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.