Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 125 Pope Paul III bull
TitlePope Paul III bull
- Paul III, Pope, 1468-1549
Other related names
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 742 Folder 125
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9946403983503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Bull dated June 7, 1536, relating to the resignation from the archdiocese of Siena by Cardinal Giovanni d'Andrea di Nanni Todeschini Piccolomini, in favor of his nephew Francesco Bandini in 1529 (see Ms. Coll. 742, folder 123), and a subsequent cession of landed estate in Siena.
- This oversize item is stored in a map drawer.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) :
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford, and Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 6067).
- Catholic Church.--Archdiocese of Siena (Italy)
- Bishops--Appointment, call, and election--Early works to 1800
- Real property--Italy
- Bulls (papal records)
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 125: Pope Paul III bull are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
mscoll742_f125_recto_pt1.tif (119.0 MB)
mscoll742_f125_recto_pt1_thumb.jpg (5.6 KB)
mscoll742_f125_recto_pt1_web.jpg (418.6 KB)
mscoll742_f125_verso_pt2.tif (119.0 MB)
mscoll742_f125_verso_pt2_thumb.jpg (3.9 KB)
mscoll742_f125_verso_pt2_web.jpg (263.3 KB)
mscoll742_f125_recto_pt2.tif (119.0 MB)
mscoll742_f125_recto_pt2_thumb.jpg (5.5 KB)
mscoll742_f125_recto_pt2_web.jpg (416.5 KB)