Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 15 Nado de Tolomeo assumption of guardianship
TitleNado de Tolomeo assumption of guardianship
- Tolomeo, Nado de
- Caffini, Johannes
Other related names
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 742 Folder 15
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9947481163503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Charter dated Oct. 26, 1349, documenting the assumption of the guardianship of Baptista (or Battista) and Vanna di Piccolomini by Nado de Tolomeo (Naddus de Tolomais) and Johannes Caffini, perhaps from Antoninus and Bartalus de Piccolomini, all citizens of Siena. Baptista and Vanna, a brother and sister, were children of Minus Caffinus de Piccolomini and are described as wards (pupilli).
Extent1 item (1 leaf) :
- Formerly owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 20709).
- Guardian and ward--Italy--Siena
- Inheritance and succession--Italy
- Legal documents
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--14th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 14th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 15: Nado de Tolomeo assumption of guardianship are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.