Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 78 Pope Clement VII bull
TitlePope Clement VII bull
- Clement VII, Pope, 1478-1534
Other related names
- Piccolomini, Giovanni d'Andrea di Nanni Todeschini, 1475-1537, recipient
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 742 Folder 78
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9946369913503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Bull from Pope Clement VII dated May 8, 1529, addressed to Cardinal Giovanni d'Andrea di Nanni Todeschini Piccolomini (archbishop of Siena, 1503-1529), who that same day had ceded the provostry of Casuli in the diocese of Volterra to the Pope, who then appointed Lelio Tolomei as cardinal, with reservation of the provostry's revenues and reversion, in case it should become vacant.
Extent1 item (1 leaf)
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford, and Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 6067).
- Clergy--Appointment, call, and election--Early works to 1800
- Bulls (papal records)
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 742 Folder 78: Pope Clement VII bull are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.