Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Indic 7 Pratiṣṭhādevatāvisarjanamantra
Call numberMs. Indic 7
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5866136
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a series of various instructional texts to be consulted by a Jain monk or other figure installing images for use in Jaina rites of image worship (pūjā). Has an image towards the end of the roll depicting a multi-leveled maṇḍala (circle) with numerous mantras dedicated to Jaina deities.
- Title from colophon (1r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; borders drawn in heavy red line.
- Cloth scroll.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 21 x 350 cm
ColophonColophon: iti pratiṣṭhādevatāvisarjanamantraḥ // ba // śrī // (1r).
- Gift of Brian Zahn.
- Idols and images--India
- Worship (Jainism)
- Jaina mantras
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Scrolls (information artifacts)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century