Collection ID: 0007 | Metadata type: TEI
Lehigh Codex 1 Historia of St. Nicholas with the lections
TitleHistoria of St. Nicholas with the lections
- Reginold von Eichstätt ca. um 966/91 (https://viaf.org/viaf/57041897)
Other related names
- Honeyman, Robert B., former owner (https://viaf.org/viaf/78623406)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLehigh Codex 1
(Bethlehem, Lehigh University, Special Collections)
- Hirsh: MS Hirsh 1
- Accession: 183605
This manuscript is a partial leaf from a twelfth-century liturgical manuscript, probably written in Italy. The text on this leaf is from Reginold von Eichstätt's Historia of Saint Nicholas, a series of antiphons and responsories designed to be sung in the canonical Office on the feast of Saint Nicholas. Shortly after the composition of the Historia in the second half of the tenth century, lections were added, which were included in the source manuscript of this fragment. The responses, versicles, and antiphons are marked with neumes for chanting. This fragment was used in a binding.
Extent1; 180 x 280 mm
Two-line initials and rubrication in red
- Gift of Robert B. Honeyman, Jr., 1931
- 12th century
- Musical notation
- These images and the content of Special Collections Lehigh Codex 1: Historia of St. Nicholas with the lections are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Lehigh University Libraries, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Special Collections Lehigh Codex 1: Historia of St. Nicholas with the lections. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.