Collection ID: 0012 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Other related names
- Du Simitière, Pierre Eugène, approximately 1736-1784, former owner (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n88140545)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Library Company, Library Company)
Talismanic charm written large format to be folded; mostly comprised of several, repeated, verses from the Qurʾān. A few words in Soninke in Arabic letters.
- Watermarked European paper
WatermarkCentrally placed circular seal.
Extent385 x 315 mm
Alternating sections of text in red and brown; geometric design on the reverse side of the page in one corner.
- Part of the Du Simitière print collection
- Islam, prayers and devotions
- These images and the content of Library Company B10.F4: Charm are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, The Library Company of Philadelphia has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Library Company B10.F4: Charm. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- Side 1 — [Charm]
- Side 2 — Illumination
9807_0000.tif (227.3 MB)
9807_0000_thumb.jpg (10.4 KB)
9807_0000_web.jpg (650.0 KB)
9807_0001.tif (227.3 MB)
9807_0001_thumb.jpg (5.7 KB)
9807_0001_web.jpg (304.5 KB)