Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI
Penn Museum 29-170-12 Thai Christian manuscript
TitleThai Christian manuscript
Other related names
- Bradley, E. R. 1811-1845, associated name
- Jones, Eliza A. Royce, former owner
Call numberPenn Museum 29-170-12
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library Web)
- bibid: 6317129
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Text about Jesus, with references to Chapters 15-17.
- Title supplied by Justin McDaniel (viewed on October 27, 2015)
- Written in 4 lines per segment.
- Black khoi paper with text in yellow ink and later English annotations in white ink; folded concertina- or accordion-style, including covers.
- Covers with a border formed of additional layers of heavy paper; note in English on lower cover, A Siamese Book.
- Probably written in the 1830s or 1840s, and before the death of Emilie Royce Bradley in 1845.
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 8 x 19.2 cm.
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (38 folios) :
- Gift of Emilie Royce Bradley (a missionary in Siam, wife of missionary Daniel Beach Bradley) to Eliza A. Royce (note on folio B01), before Emilie Royce Bradley's death in 1845.
- Accessioned at the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, 1929.
- Folded books
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century
2319_0001.tif (67.6 MB)
2319_0001_thumb.jpg (3.3 KB)
2319_0001_web.jpg (246.9 KB)
Section: Note in English, f. A01
2319_0021.tif (67.6 MB)
2319_0021_thumb.jpg (3.2 KB)
2319_0021_web.jpg (261.4 KB)
Section: Chapter 15, f. B01