Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI
Penn Museum 51-9-8 Thai story
Call numberPenn Museum 51-9-8
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library Web)
- bibid: 6321395
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Story about monks. Corrections in red ink.
- Title supplied by cataloger (from Justin McDaniel; viewed on September 16, 2014)
- Written in 5 lines per leaf.
- Foliated with letters beginning with ri.
- Leaves of palm leaf with two central holes approximately 22 cm apart; red lacquer edges; edges frayed and damaged; formerly tied through left hole with string in a loop.
- Written in Thailand in the 1830s (Justin McDaniel).
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 5 x 56 cm.
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (22 leaves) :
- Gift of Mrs. W. H. Kneedler (nurse and wife of Presbyterian medical missionary W. H. Kneedler), 1951.
- Buddhist monks
- Buddhist stories, Thai
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century
2370_0002.tif (61.8 MB)
2370_0002_thumb.jpg (2.4 KB)
2370_0002_web.jpg (101.5 KB)
Decoration: Partial leaf, f. 3r
2370_0003.tif (61.8 MB)
2370_0003_thumb.jpg (2.3 KB)
2370_0003_web.jpg (99.5 KB)
Decoration: Partial leaves, f. 3v-4r
2370_0004.tif (61.8 MB)
2370_0004_thumb.jpg (2.4 KB)
2370_0004_web.jpg (100.4 KB)
Decoration: Partial leaf, f. 4v