Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI
Penn Museum 82-7-53 Lao ritual texts
TitleLao ritual texts
Other related names
- Bawiwi Khien Khrua (former owner)
Call numberPenn Museum 82-7-53
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library Web)
- bibid: 6273176
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageIn Lao with some words in Pali
Texts for Su Khwan and Su Khro rituals, used to bring good fortune to the sponsor of the ritual and to heal someone suffering from pain or illness. The manuscript is incomplete and the palm leaves on which it is written are in fragile condition.
Extent1 online resource (17 folios) :
- Formerly owned by the grandfather of Bawiwi Khien Khrua of the village of Tung Fon; donated by Bawiwi Khien Khrua to an unidentified institution (modern notes on index card accompanying manuscript, 1981).
- Formerly held in the Department of Fine Arts, Bangkok; accompanied by a tag giving the buyer permission to take the manuscript out of the Kingdom of Thailand (printed tag accompanying manuscript).
- Purchased by the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, 1982.
- Traditional medicine--Thailand
- Manuscripts, Lao--19th century
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century