Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI
Penn Museum 89-13-335 Illuminated Thai manuscript fragment
TitleIlluminated Thai manuscript fragment
Call numberPenn Museum 89-13-335
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania., Rare Book & Manuscript Library Web)
- bibid: 6195592
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript fragment with one illuminated folio (half of a text folio and half blank on the verso) and text from the Abhidhamma.
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on July 15, 2015).
- Written in 10 lines per folio.
- Khoi paper with text in black; originally folded concertina- or accordion-style, but now the illuminated folio is housed open and flat.
- Manuscript illustrated with images of two devis.
- Probably written and illustrated in the 1850s or 1860s, based on the illumination colors and thin Mul script (Justin McDaniel).
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 12.2 x 62.5 cm (folded), 25.5 x 62.5 cm (unfolded).
- Tape or paper glued to hinge and edges on verso.
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (2 folios) :
- Gift of the Estate of Elizabeth Lyons, Keeper of the Asian Collections, University Museum, 1989.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Thai--Specimens
- Fragments (object portions)
- Folded books
- Illuminations (visual works)
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century