Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI
Penn Museum 89-13-395 Illumination from Thai manuscript
TitleIllumination from Thai manuscript
Call numberPenn Museum 89-13-395
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library Web)
- bibid: 6272961
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Illumination cut from a folio of a Thai manuscript, showing farmers working and children playing by a river. The scene also includes water buffalo, fish, birds, two buildings, and a forest background. On the verso is text from the Phra Malai.
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on September 17, 2015)
- Written in 5 lines per leaf.
- Written on khoi paper; manuscript originally folded concertina- or accordion-style, but this fragment of one folio is stored flat.
- Written and painted in Thailand in the late 19th century (Justin McDaniel).
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 28.3 x 24 cm.
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (1 folio) :
- Gift of the Estate of Elizabeth Lyons, Keeper of the Asian Collections, University Museum, 1989.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Thai--Specimens
- Fragments (object portions)
- Folded books
- Illuminations (visual works)
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century