Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI
Penn Museum 89-13-416 Asubbhakammaţţhana illumination?
Call numberPenn Museum 89-13-416
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library Web)
- bibid: 6273114
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Illumination cut from a folio of a Thai manuscript, showing a monk removing pamsakulla cloth from a corpse, probably a scene of corpse observation and meditation. Another small illumination of a monster and text in unidentified script on verso.
Extent1 online resource (1 folio) :
- Gift of the Estate of Elizabeth Lyons, Keeper of the Asian Collections, University Museum, 1989.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Thai--Specimens
- Buddhist monks--Pictorial works
- Death--Religious aspects--Buddhism
- Folded books
- Fragments (object portions)
- Illuminations (visual works)
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century