Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E 76 Index to moralia in job; Legenda sanctorum (Lives of the saints)
TitleIndex to moralia in job; Legenda sanctorum (Lives of the saints)
Other related names
- Ess, Leander van, 1772-1847, former owner (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no92013806.html)
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50078542.html)
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, former owner (http://viaf.org/viaf/63874811/)
- Lewis, Anne Baker, former owner
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E 76
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
- deRicci: 124
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
This manuscript is a fifteenth-century German copy of the index to Pope Gregory I's Moralia in Job and Augustine of Hippo's Legenda sanctorum.
- Earlier folio numbering begins with number 291
ExtentV+137+iii; 307 x 205 mm bound to 315 x 215 mm
FoliationModern foliation in pencil, lower right recto; earlier foliation in ink, upper right recto
BindingEarly nineteenth-century German paper boards
Initials, paragraph marks, underlining, and capitals touched up in red
- Leander van Ess (1772-1847), Darmstadt; sold in 1824 to Sir Thomas Phillipps (1792-1872), no. 581; his sale, Sotheby's, London, June 6, 1910, no. 394, to Bull; John Frederick Lewis, Philadelphia; given by his widow, Anne Baker Lewis, to the Free Library of Philadelphia in 1936
- De Ricci, Seymour, with the assistance of W. J. Wilson, Census of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the United States and Canada, vol. 2 (New York,: H. W. Wilson, 1935-40), p. 2047, no. 124.
- Free Library of Philadelphia, A Descriptive Catalogue of the John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts in the Free Library of Philadelphia, compiled by Edwin Wolf, 2nd, with an introduction by Dr. A.S.W. Rosenbach (Philadelphia: The Free Library, 1937), p. 83 no.76 (+ Supplement).
- 15th century
- Gothic book hand
- Church Fathers
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia, Lewis E 76: Index to moralia in job; Legenda sanctorum (Lives of the saints) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E 76: Index to moralia in job; Legenda sanctorum (Lives of the saints). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside front cover
5708_0001.tif (146.0 MB)
5708_0001_thumb.jpg (2.8 KB)
5708_0001_web.jpg (186.0 KB)
Inside back cover
5708_0292.tif (146.0 MB)
5708_0292_thumb.jpg (2.7 KB)
5708_0292_web.jpg (185.8 KB)