Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E 78 Liturgical text; Manipulus curatorum (Handbook for priests)
TitleLiturgical text; Manipulus curatorum (Handbook for priests)
- Guido, de Monte Rocherii, active 14th century (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n90667250.html)
Other related names
- Wright, Harrison, former owner
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, former owner (http://viaf.org/viaf/63874811/)
- Lewis, Anne Baker, former owner
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E 78
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
- deRicci: 141
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
Early 15th century; 12th century
This manuscript is an early fifteenth-century copy, possibly from Germany, of the Manipulus curatorum (Handbook for Priests).
- The spine has been redone and the original backbone is in the case
- Parchment guards in the center of every quire
ExtentI+155+i; 209 x 138 mm bound to 216 x 140 mm
FoliationModern foliation in pencil, lower right recto
Collation1-9 (16), 10 (16, -12 -13 -14 -15 -16)
BindingOriginal wooden boards and stamped leather (stars, rosettes, fleurs-de-lys, lions rampant, bulls), backed with leaves of a twelfth-century liturgical manuscript; original vellum label on top cover; remains of clasp, in cloth case
Initials, paragraph marks, rubrication in red
- Harrison Wright, Wilkes-Barre, PA, his sale, Philadelphia, June 11, 1908, no. 239; John Frederick Lewis, Philadelphia; given by his widow, Anne Baker Lewis, to the Free Library of Philadelphia in 1936; the name of Harrison Wright is inscribed on the front with a date of 1869
- De Ricci, Seymour, with the assistance of W. J. Wilson, Census of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the United States and Canada, vol. 2 (New York,: H. W. Wilson, 1935-40), p. 2051, no. 141.
- Free Library of Philadelphia, A Descriptive Catalogue of the John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts in the Free Library of Philadelphia, compiled by Edwin Wolf, 2nd, with an introduction by Dr. A.S.W. Rosenbach (Philadelphia: The Free Library, 1937), p. 85, no. 78.
- 12th century
- 15th century
- Notable binding
- Original binding
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia, Lewis E 78: Liturgical text; Manipulus curatorum (Handbook for priests) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E 78: Liturgical text; Manipulus curatorum (Handbook for priests). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside front cover
5800_0001.tif (73.5 MB)
5800_0001_thumb.jpg (5.7 KB)
5800_0001_web.jpg (401.8 KB)