Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 1:11 Lives of the Saints
TitleLives of the Saints
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 1:11
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial F with the Anna Selbdritt
- This initial contains the image known as Anna Selbdritt. 'Selbdrit' is a German term roughly translated as 'three-selves' and meant to illustrate St. Anne's role in sacred history as the Mother of the Virgin Mary. The image is related to the theme of Christ's holy kinship. St. Anne was a popular saint in the late Middle Ages. The initial may have originally belonged in a hagiographical manuscript, perhaps containing a text like the Golden Legend of Jacobus de Voragine.
Extent95 x 252 mm
- 15th century
- Saint's Life
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 1:11: Lives of the Saints are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 1:11: Lives of the Saints. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.