Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 1:22 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 1:22
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial S with kneeling figures receiving a vision of the Virgin and Child
- Paper was made in Nackel near Posen; identified by watermark of a crowned escutcheon containing a doubled cross; Cutting can be dated to ca. 1530.
- This initial begins the Introit for the Vigil of the feast of the Purification of the Virgin Mary (Feb. 2), 'Salve sancta parens enixa puerpera regem ...' (Hail, Holy Mother, in the womb there lay a king). Lewis E M 1:19-22 and E M 42:4-9 are from the same manuscript.
Extent279 x 279 mm
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 1:22: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 1:22: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.