Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI
Lewis E M 2:7 Undetermined
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 2:7
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Border ornament
- The current state of the cuttings prevents the identification of the type of manuscript from which these marginal decorations came. The crowned figure in the lower cutting is an unidentified female saint. The hybrids and grotesques featured in the decoration suggest a northern French influence on this artist.
- The decoration could also have been executed in Austria.
Extent175 x 263 mm
- 13th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 2:7: Undetermined are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 2:7: Undetermined. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.